Information on bikes and the public transport network.
Bikes on board
Bikes are not allowed on buses or trams. However, they can be carried on trains during the following times:
Monday to Friday before 9:00am and after 3:00pm: If you are travelling with a bike on trains during these times you must hold a validated concession metroCARD or MetroTicket for your bike. During peak travel times space may be limited on services making it impractical for bikes to travel safely. Adelaide Metro asks that you please wait for the next available service with enough space to safely board and secure your bike.
- Bikes can be carried for free on trains Monday to Friday between 9.01am and 3pm or between 6pm and the last service when space is available.
- Bikes can be carried Free Saturday, Sunday & public holidays all day when space is available. At all other times a peak concession fare must be purchased for your bike.
- It's free to take a fold up bike or foot-powered scooter on-board which are fully enclosed in a bag up to 90cm long x 60cm high x 40cm if space permits.
Secure bike cages
The network of secure bike cages at Adelaide's most popular public transport locations is growing. The full network of secure bike cages includes:
- Adelaide Airport - new location on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park, next to the car rental area
- Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Elizabeth Interchange
- Flinders Railway Station
- Gawler Railway Station
- Hallett Cove Beach Railway Station
- Klemzig Interchange
- Mount Barker Dumas Street Park 'n' Ride
- Munno Para Railway Station
- Noarlunga Interchange
- Oaklands Railway Station
- Paradise Interchange
- Parafield Railway Station
- Seaford Interchange
- Seaford Meadows Railway Station
- Tea Tree Plaza Interchange
To arrange access to the bike cage network, either visit an Adelaide Metro InfoCentre or call the Adelaide Metro InfoLine on 1300 311 108 to add the 'bike cage product' to your registered metroCARD.
Once your metroCARD is enabled with the bike cage product just touch it to the metroCARD validator at the entrance of the bike cage to open the bike cage door, lock your bike to one of the rails, and then hop on board your service.
For more information on the metroCARD bike cage fare product please visit an InfoCentre or call the Adelaide Metro InfoLine.
The Conditions of Use for the bike cage can be found on our metroCARD Conditions of Use page
Watch a video on how easy it is to use Adelaide Metro’s bike cages
Individual keyed bike lockers are available at other locations across Adelaide, including;
- Aberfoyle Hub Interchange
- Alberton Railway Station
- Blackwood Railway Station
- Brighton Railway Station
- Coromandel Railway Station
- Crafers Park 'n' Ride
- Dry Creek Railway Station
- Dudley Park Railway Station
- Eden Hills Railway Station
- Evanston Railway Station
- Gawler Central Railway Station
- Glanville Railway Station
- Golden Grove Interchange
- Goodwood Tram Stop
- Grange Railway Station
- Hallett Cove Railway Station
- Islington Railway Station
- Klemzig Interchange
- Lynton Railway Station
- Marion Road Tram Station
- Mawson Interchange
- Mitcham Railway Station
- Morphettville Tram Stop
- Mount Barker Dutton Road Park 'n' Ride
- Old Reynella Interchange
- Panalatinga Park 'n' Ride
- Salisbury Railway Station
- Seacliff Railway Station
- Smithfield Interchange
- Woodlands Park Railway Station
- Woodville Railway Station
To find out if bike storage space is available in your location call the Adelaide Metro InfoLine on 1300 311 108.
A $50 refundable deposit is payable when hiring an Adelaide Metro bike locker.
Do you like the bike? Cycle instead. The Cycle Instead Journey Planner generates cycling routes using Adelaide's Bikedirect network of main roads, bike lanes, local streets, off road paths and some unsealed paths.