Footy Express 2021
When: From Sunday 18 April 2021
Adelaide Oval will be hosting a range of 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season matches.
Think! Road Safety Footy Express (AOX) services run separately and in addition to regular Adelaide Metro public transport services.
Leave the car at home and catch Footy Express bus, train and tram services to your next match!
Please note: The below information is for the Sunday AFL Adelaide v Fremantle match. For information about the 2021 AFLW Grand Final click here.
Adelaide v Fremantle at Adelaide Oval, Sunday 18 April 2021.
Gates open: 10.30am
Match starts: 12.40pm
Footy Express services (AOX) are FREE all day with your valid match ticket.
Regular Adelaide Metro services will be FREE all day for this match, with your valid match ticket (this changes per match, so check back often!)
To assist with planning your journey to the match, the below digital Journey Planner can be used.
The Journey Planner provides a range of tailored journey options based on your location, including regular Adelaide Metro services, as well as additional Footy Express services!
- From: Enter the address or location you’ll be leaving from.
- To: This is set as Adelaide Oval as default. If you’re not planning on heading straight to the match, change this to where you’d like to go.
- Arrive by: This is set to half an hour before the match begins. If you're planning to get there earlier, or later, please adjust this time as needed.
Once you click Plan my journey this will take you to our partnering page on Google Maps to show you your journey options.
If you'd like to see an overview map of where Footy Express services operate, you can also view our Footy Express (AOX) maps further below.
Footy Express bus services operate in addition to regular Adelaide Metro services.
To view your full Footy Express bus timetable to Adelaide Oval, simply:
- Click on your AO or AOX route number in the table below
- Select the "Show me full timetable" box on the following page
- The full timetable of services for the match day will be shown
|AO1 Greenwith via O-Bahn|
|AO2 St Agnes Depot Park ‘n’ Ride via O-Bahn|
|AO3 Northgate Shopping Centre via Sudholz Road|
|AO4 Hope Valley via Lower North East Road|
|AO5 Salisbury East via Bridge Road|
|AOX6 Woodcroft Community Centre via Main South Road|
|AOX7 South Adelaide Football Club via Main South Road|
|AO8 Hallett Cove Shops via Marion Shopping Centre|
|AOX9 Mount Barker via Hahndorf & Bridgewater|
|AO10 Aldgate via Stirling & Crafers|
|AO11 Newton via Magill Road|
|AO12 Athelstone via Payneham Road|
|AO13 Burnside via Greenhill Road|
|AO14 Rosslyn Park via The Parade|
|AO15 Mawson Interchange via Main North Road|
|AOX15 Elizabeth City Centre via Main North Road|
|AO16 Rosewater via Arndale & Days Road|
|AO17 Semaphore via Port Road|
|AO18 West Lakes via Grange Road|
|AO19 Henley Beach via Henley Beach Road|
|AO20 Blair Athol via Prospect Road|
|AO21 Aberfoyle Hub via Black Road & Goodwood Road|
|AO22 Aberfoyle Hub via Happy Valley Drive & Goodwood Road|
|AO23 Morphettville Depot Park ‘n’ Ride via Marion Road|
|AO24 Mitcham Square via Unley Road|
|AO25 Mitcham Square via Fullarton Road|
|AO26 Glenelg, Colley Terrace via West Beach|
|AO29 Ingle Farm via Hampstead Road & Galway Avenue|
|AO31 Morphettville Depot Park ‘n’ Ride via Brighton Road & Anzac Highway|
- After the match, Footy Express bus services will pick up at the AOX Interchange (PDF 138KB) on King William Road, with some services using Victoria Drive and Sir Edwin Smith Avenue.
- You can also view Detailed route descriptions (PDF 69KB) for each of the above Footy Express bus services.
- Regional bus timetables (PDF 81KB)
- Regional buses will drop off and pick up on Pennington Terrace.
Bus stop closures
Stop 2 Montefiore Road will be relocated to just south of War Memorial Drive on the Morphett Street bridge from 12pm.
Between 2.30pm and 4.45pm
- Stop A2 and A3 King William Road
- Stop 1 King William Road (east and west side)
- Stop 1 Sir Edwin Smith Avenue (north side)
- Z1 and Z2 King William Street buses will drop off at Stop Y2 King William Street.
Footy Express train services operate in addition to regular Adelaide Metro services.
|Belair to Adelaide Oval||Belair Footy Express trains stop all stations to Adelaide Railway Station.|
|Gawler Central to Adelaide Oval||Please note: There are currently closures on the Gawler line.|
|Outer Harbor & Grange to Adelaide Oval||Please note: There are currently closures on the Outer Harbor & Grange line.|
|Seaford & Flinders to Adelaide Oval||
Seaford Footy Express trains stop all stations to Adelaide Railway Station.
Footy Express trains will not be operating on the Flinders line, only regular Adelaide Metro train services.
Footy Express tram services operate in addition to regular Adelaide Metro services.
|Travelling from:||Line to catch:||Stop to get off:|
|Glenelg to Adelaide Oval||Festival line||Festival Plaza|
|Glenelg line||Adelaide Railway Station|
|Entertainment Centre to Adelaide Oval||Botanic line||Adelaide Railway Station|
|Botanic Gardens to Adelaide Oval||Botanic line||Adelaide Railway Station|
Trams can be tricky if you're a new user! See the tram travel tips below for helpful tram travel information.
Tram travel tips
1. The closest tram stops to Adelaide Oval are:
- Festival Plaza Tram Stop on King Williams Road (this stop only operates on weekends and for Adelaide Oval special events).
- Adelaide Railway Station Tram Stop on North Terrace.
- The Tram Network Map (PDF 91KB) shows where the above tram stops are located.
2. Check the destination sign!
Electronic destination signs are located on the front and side of all trams. Always check these signs to ensure you’re boarding the correct service to get to where you need to go.
3. Heading to the event:
- From the East End of the city (Botanic Gardens): Catch Botanic line trams and disembark at the Adelaide Railway Station Tram Stop.
- From the Southern side of the city (Glenelg): Catch Festival Plaza line trams and disembark at the Festival Plaza Tram Stop, or catch Glenelg line trams and disembark at the Adelaide Railway Station tram stop.
- From the Western side of the city (Entertainment Centre): Catch Glenelg line trams or Botanic line trams and disembark at the Adelaide Railway Station Tram Stop.
4. Leaving the event:
- To the East End of the city (Botanic Gardens): Catch Botanic line trams from the Adelaide Railway Station Tram Stop and disembark at your preferred stop.
- To the Southern side of the city (Glenelg): Catch Glenelg line trams from the Festival Plaza Tram Stop and disembark at your preferred stop.
- To the Western side of the city (Entertainment Centre): Catch Glenelg line trams or Botanic line trams from the Adelaide Railway Station Tram Stop and disembark at your preferred stop.
Temporary taxi ranks will be installed at the following locations:
- King William Road - west side, south Pennington Terrace.
- Pennington Terrace - south side, east of main car park entry.
- Montefiore Road - east side, north of War Memorial Drive.
- War Memorial Drive - east of Montefiore Road (Disabled only).
- The Casino taxi rank will be closed from 2.45pm to 4.30pm.
If dropping passengers off at Adelaide Oval, please use:
Pennington Terrace - southern side
Between 8.30am and 4.30pm
- War Memorial Drive, between King William Road and the pedestrian footbridge.
Between 2.30pm and 4.35pm (Buses excepted)
- King William Road, between North Terrace and War Memorial Drive.
- Victoria Drive, between King William Road and Kintore Avenue.
- Sir Edwin Smith Avenue, between Pennington Terrace and King William Road.
- Pennington Terrace between King William Road and Montefiore Road.
Between 2.45pm and 4.30pm (Buses and trams excepted)
- North Terrace, between King William Street and Victoria Street.
Footy Express bus, train and tram services operate from all parts of metropolitan Adelaide.
- The AOX Full Network Map (PDF 190KB) displays services that operate near you.
- The AOX Interchange Map (PDF 138KB) shows you where you’ll get dropped off near Adelaide Oval, and where to catch your AOX service after the event.
Due to COVID-19, patronage levels will be assessed as the AFL season progresses, with additional standby services dispatched to cater for increased loadings.
Every effort will be made to provide additional capacity on bus, train and tram services and we ask customers to be patient and maintain physical distancing as much as possible.
Customers will also need to exercise judgement as to how they travel and act in accordance with health advice; practice hygiene measures, cough into tissues or the crook of your arm and use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser and wash your hands.
If you are feeling unwell, please avoid travelling on public transport at all times.
For more information visit Adelaide Metro's
COVID-19 public transport information page.
Please remember, while at the footy masks are not required while in your seat, but you must wear a mask when entering, exiting and moving around the stadium.